The Writing and Speaking questions below were shared by L who took the IELTS test in Malaysia:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two bar graphs. The first bar graph was showing film types released between 1996 and 2002. The second bar graph was showing tickets sales for the movies released in that period.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In some countries, with the widespread use of the internet, people are able to work or study from home, instead of having to travel to work or college. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Discuss and state your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What did you enjoy doing as a child?
– What did you usually do during your free time as a child?
– Have you had a hobby as a child?
– Do you think there is a difference between children’s activities and hobbies today compared to the past?
– What is the main difference in your opinion?
Describe a famous person in your country. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– What does he/she do?
– Why is he/she so famous?
– Why do you think people like him/her?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of being famous?
– Do you think many people would like to be famous?