The IELTS exam in Malaysia was shared by our kind friend S. Here is what he remembered:
Section 1. A call to customer service to report the luggage lost on a train.
Section 2. A conversation between 1st and 2nd year university students (study feedback).
Section 3. Explanation about rare bird species in New Zealand.
Section 4. Introduction of a running competition.
Passage 1. A text about memory research.
Passage 2. About research based on amateur researchers.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a report)
The task was to describe line graphs showing the number of people visiting a museum in a day, in summer and winter.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say cheap air travel is good because it enables ordinary people to travel, others argue that it is bad for the environment. Discuss both views, and include your opinion.
– What is your name?
– Tell me about your hometown.
– What is your hometown famous for?
– What are your favorite sports?
– Do you want your children to play outdoor sports?
– Why do you think outdoor sports are important?
Talk about a law which you would like to propose in your area. Please say
– What would that law be?
– Why do you think it is important?
– How would you enforce this law?
– Are judges necessary for law enforcement?
– What are the requirements for police officers?
– What are the requirements for becoming a good lawyer?