The Writing and Speaking questions below were shared by S who recently took an IELTS exam in London.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph describing the percentages of people in four different age groups who went to a cinema in one of the European countries between 2000 and 2011.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In order to improve safety on our roads more severe punishment should be established for driving offenses. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– Tell your full name.
– What do you do?
– What do you like about your job?
– What kind of meal do you like?
– Which meal is more important to you: breakfast, lunch or dinner? Why?
– Do you prefer to eat once a day or three times a day? Why?
Describe a situation where you were close to a wild animal. Please say
– When and where was it?
– What animal was it?
– What was the animal doing?
– Why do you remember that day?
– How did you feel about it?
– Tell me about people’s attitude towards animals in your country.
– Why do people keep pets in their homes?
– What is the difference between keeping a fish and a dog?
– What do you think about people who don’t like to keep dogs in their homes?
– What is the role of the zoos in the society?
– Why are they important in educating people?