Our friends L and K took the IELTS test in London and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have a neighbor who is often burning rubbish at their house. Write a complaint about it to the local council and say
– What is happening?
– How is your family harmed by that?
– What could be the solution, in your opinion?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that several short holidays from school are better, while others think one long summer holiday for the year is better for children. Discuss and include your own opinion and relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Why do you think people choose such a subject in your country?
– Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
– Are you reading a book presently?
– Would you like to write a book in the future?
Cue Card 1 (that L had)
Talk about a situation where you had to be very polite. Please say
– What was the situation?
– How did you keep being polite?
– How did you feel after that?
Cue Card 2 (that K had)
Talk about a museum you have visited. Please say
– What did you like or dislike there?
– What was the theme of this museum?
– Who did you go there with? Why?
– Do you like to travel long distances?
– Why or why not?
– Would you like to travel to the space?
– How many public places do you know?
– Do young people like to visit the same public places as old people?