The IELTS test taker M from Kazakhstan shared the following questions that appeared in a recent exam:
Section 1. A conversation about a holiday on an island with the description of attractions and facilities.
Section 2. Radio advertisement about weekend events in the city.
Section 3. Students were talking about intellectual property rights.
Section 4. A lecturer was talking about an engineering project.
Passage 1. How animals communicate between themselves.
Passage 2. How emotions affect people’s lives.
Passage 3. A research about navigation in the ocean.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing changes in numbers of 4 types of fish within a 20-year period.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Modern technology allows machines to perform the hard work instead of humans. Does this have a positive or a negative effect on people? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Did you always want to do it?
– Do you use dictionary?
– Do you prefer electronic or print dictionary? Why?
– Would you like to get a dictionary as a present?
– Do you want to write a dictionary?
– What clothes do you wear to the office?
– Do you change when you come home?
– Did you enjoy wearing special clothes as a child?
– Do people spend a lot on clothes nowadays?
Describe a situation where you helped other people. Please say
– What kind of help and when was it?
– Whom did you help?
– How often do you help others?
– Is it important to teach children to help others?
– How can children help at home?
– Do people at work help their co-workers?
– Should one help their co-worker for the same salary? Why?