Our friend N took the IELTS test in Kazakhstan and remembered the following information:
Section 1. A person was getting insurance for their brother.
Section 2. About an Observatory and watching stars.
Section 3. A dialogue between students about women’s and men’s attitude to happiness.
Section 4. Do not remember.
Passage 1. Singapore airport facilities.
Passage 2. Singapore tax redemption procedure.
Passage 3. Do not remember.
Passage 4. Wind farm benefits in the UK.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter about a problem which you faced trying to rent a meeting room in a hotel. In your letter
– explain what the problem was
– describe how you felt about it
– ask what actions will be taken to fix this in the future
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
More and more people nowadays are buying fashionable clothes. Does it have more negative or positive effects? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Did you have any training for your current job?
– What are the advantages of taking part of such training?
– Do you remember your first day at high school?
– Who was your favourite teacher? Why?
Talk about the perfect house/apartment in which you wish to live in the future. Please say
– What kind of house/apartment would it be?
– What would its main features be?
– Why would you like that?
– Are you planning to buy such house in the future?
– What kind of houses do people in your country prefer to live in?
– Why do people prefer that kind of houses, even though they are not very secure?
– Is it different to live in the city and in the countryside?