The questions below were shared by two IELTS test takers (thanks E and M!), who remembered the following about the writing and speaking sections of their exams:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the participation of both girls and boys in six different kinds of sports in 2010.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
These days more emphasis is being placed on university education. Vocational training is not encouraged, and thus there are few qualified tradespeople. To which extent do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like your home?
– What would your dream home look like?
– What old building do tourists usually visit in your country?
Cue Card 1
Describe your favorite room at home. Please say
– What are the main features of this room?
– Why do you like to spend your time there?
– What do you usually do there?
– Do you use a boat?
– What do people in your country use boats for?
– Would you like to have your own boat? Why?
Cue Card 2
Talk about your favorite subject at school/university. Please say
– What was the subject?
– What did you learn about?
– Why was it your favorite subject?
– What do you think about new methods of teaching children?
– What are those methods?
– Do you think our current education system will change in the future?