Our friend A took IELTS in Ireland, and even though English is her mother tongue, she still felt the test is very intense and requires a lot of practicing to succeed. Here are the questions A remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are writing to your friend who lives in another country. You are inviting him/her to stay with you. There is a public event occurring that you would like him/her to go to with you. In your letter say
– Why and when do you invite him/her?
– Describe the event.
– Suggest other entertainment and things to do during his/her stay.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Most employers do job interviews before offering a position to a person. Do you think this is the best way to do it, or are there better alternatives? What is the best method of choosing employees in your opinion?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your job?
– Do you like it?
– What do you like about it?
– Do you think that you will stay in this job in the future?
– What is your favorite snack?
– Do you like to exercise? Why?
– Do you think that it is an issue today, exercise or the lack of it?
Talk about the last movie you watched at home or in a cinema. Please say
– What type of movie was it?
– Can you tell a little about the story line?
– Did you like this movie? Why?
– In your opinion what makes a movie successful?