Thanks to L who took the IELTS test in Ireland we can share the following exam topics and questions:
Section 1. A schedule for a new nanny.
Questions: table completion.
Section 2. About a program where you can become a host for someone learning English in your city.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Section 3. Two students talked about their music classes.
Questions: information matching, multiple choice.
Section 4. A research about dolphins and their environment such as weather, pollution, water temperature and so on.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 1. Five short texts about movies, radio programs, music and so on.
Questions: match sentences to paragraphs.
Passage 2. The history of flax seeds and their important role in the cultural and economic history of New Zealand for both the Maori people and the European settlers later.
Questions: multiple choice, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A college asked its graduates to give a speech to current students about their professional carriers and future opportunities. You would like to participate. Write a letter and say
– What do you want to talk about?
– Why do you think students will be interested in it?
– Suggest a suitable date and time for your speech.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, more and more people are using consumer goods such as refrigerators and washing machines. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Describe the house you grew up in.
– How is it different from the one you live in now?
– Did you like reading when you were a child? Why?
– Do you still like to read?
– What do you read nowadays?
– Do you give books to children?
– Did you like maths as a child? Why?
Talk about a problem in your local area that you noticed. Please say
– What is it?
– Why do you think it might be a problem?
– Suggest a solution for it.