S. remembered the following IELTS topics and questions after taking the test in Iran:
Passage 1. About chocolate production.
Passage 2. History of money / coin exchange in some ancient countries.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing the actual population in three different cities in 1990 and the prediction of population growth up to the year 2000.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that universities should only accept students with high marks. Others think that students of all ages and ability levels should be able to attend universities. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live?
– Can you describe your home?
– What is your favourite area there?
– Do you like cooking?
– What type of food do you like?
– Do you prefer home cooked or restaurant meals?
– Why is that?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an event when you invited your family or friends to a restaurant. Please say
– When and where did you take them?
– How was the food there?
– Did you enjoy this event?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How often do you go to restaurants?
– Do you usually go there with friends or family?
– Why do you think people go to a restaurant?