The IELTS test questions below are from Iran and were kindly shared by A (thank you!):
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two diagrams showing cutting tools from stone used by man 1.4 million and 80 thousand years ago. We had to summarise the information by selecting and reporting main features and make comparison where relevant.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that public health within a country can be improved by government making laws regarding nutritious food. Others, however, think that health is a matter of personal choice and responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like that area? Why?
– Do you know lots of people in your area?
– Let’s talk about shoes.
– Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
– What do you consider more when buying shoes, comfort or style?
– Do you buy shoes on the Internet?
– How often do you buy shoes?
– Let’s talk about water.
– Do you prefer bottled or tap water? Why?
– How often do you drink water?
– Is bottled water expensive in your area?
– Did you ever experience suffering from thirst in your life?
Describe an activity that you like to do when you alone. Please say
– What is it?
– How often do you do it?
– Why do you like it?
– What are the most popular activities among younger people in your country?
– Should parents guide their children when choosing a free time activity?
– Do you think people are working more now than in the past? Why?
– Do they work long hours because they personally like to work or they don’t have a choice?
– Do you think having flexible working hours is good?