The questions below were shared by an IELTS test taker from Iran (thanks, B!):
Section 1. A conversation between a customer and a sales person about refrigerators and how to choose one.
Section 2. A talk about coal mining museum.
Section 2. A conversation between a professor and a student on how to organize a thesis work.
Section 4. A lecture about glow worms.
Passage 1. About an open air festival.
Passage 2. About a job application process.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. A lecture about crocodiles.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend wants to send her/his child to learn music. He/she asked you for some information about the music academy that you went to. Write him/her a letter and say
– Describe this music academy.
– Suggest a teacher or a class to go to.
– Explain why you recommend it.
– Provide some extra information that may be needed.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays there is an increasing trend of big shopping centres opening up while small shops are closing down. What are the advantages or disadvantages of big shopping centres versus small local shops?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What do you like about your present job?
– Would you like to continue doing it, or change it?
– Why is that?
– When was the first time you used social media?
– What are the advantages or disadvantages of social media?
– Do you think in the future social networks will be more popular? Why?
Talk about a long journey that you made in the past. Please say
– When and where was it?
– What did you do there?
– Did you like it? Why?
– Did you go by car, train or airplane?
– Lets talk about cars.
– Why do people like to have their own cars?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of cars compared to other modes of transportation?
– Do you think environmental problems caused by cars can be solved?
– What can be a possible solution?