Our friend T took the IELTS test in Iran and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given three maps of a town from three different years: 1700, 1950 and 2000. We were asked to compare and describe the changes of the town during these times.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
We were asked to discuss the effects of online shopping on jobs creation and environment, and to make suggestions how to improve its negative effects.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Why do you do this?
– Are you going to continue this job in the future?
– Do you travel by bus?
– What do you prefer, buses or the underground train?
– Why is that?
– Do you think the government should do something about buses?
– How would you choose to travel in the future: by buses or trains?
Talk about an occasion when you have arrived early. Please say
– Where and when did it happen?
– Why did you arrive so early?
– What did you do while waiting?
– Is it common for you to arrive early?
– Is it more important to be on time for work than meeting with friends?
– Why can’t people be on time?
– Do you think that technology is a waste of time? Why?
– Do you know your neighbours?
– Do you think we should have a good relationship with our neighbours?
– Have you ever asked your neighbours for help?
– What do you prefer, older or younger neighbours? Why?