Our friend N who took the IELTS test in India shared these Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently bought a toy over the internet. When it was delivered you have found some problems with it. Write a letter to the toy company manager and say
– Give details of the purchase.
– Describe the problem.
– What do you expect the company to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that cars should be banned from city centres, others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Use any relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your job.
– What is your working day like?
– When is the most productive time during the day for you?
– What do you like/dislike about your job?
– Would you recommend this job to anyone?
Talk about a book that someone recommended that you read. Please say
– Who recommended it?
– Why did he/she recommend it?
– What do you think about this book?
– What kinds of books are famous in your country? Why?
– What are the benefits of reading books, in your opinion?
– Do you think people will continue to read printed books in the future? Why?
– What is your opinion about e-books?
– Aren’t they cheaper and easily portable?
– What are the drawbacks of e-books?
– Are you able to imagine the world without printed books?
– What other possibilities do you see?
– Do you think young people like to read books?
– Some say old people are good at reading. Do you agree or disagree?