Our friend S took an Academic IELTS test in India and remembered the following topics and questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar graph showing the percentage of overweight men and women in the USA in three different years.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their careers during their working life period. What are the reasons behind this trend? Is it a generally positive or negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like it there?
– Are you a patient person?
– Have you ever lost patience while waiting for a bus or a train?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an achievement that you have celebrated recently. Please say
– Where and when was it?
– What did you do?
– Who was there with you?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is team sport more difficult for a player compared to individual sport?
– Why do you think so?
– Do people in your country celebrate National Day?
– Do you enjoy watching sports?
– Do people in your country enjoy watching sport on TV, if your country is playing?
– When a local player wins a tournament, do you feel happy about it?