G remembered the following IELTS test questions after taking the exam in India:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
The street where you live is very polluted. Write to the local council and ask to act about this situation. You should say
– What is the main problem?
– How does it affect your street?
– Give some suggestions and request action.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many people become popular by being featured online or appearing on TV. Is it a positive or negative trend in our society? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Why did you choose this profession?
– How was your first day at work?
– Do you prefer to eat foreign food?
– Have you ever eaten foreign food in your childhood?
– What foreign food did you eat recently?
Talk about a trip that you made by public transport. Please say
– Where and when did you go?
– Who did you go there with?
– How did you feel about using public transport?
– Do you prefer to travel by yourself or with friends?
– What is the main problem of public transport?
– How can the government fix traffic problems?
– Is it necessary to limit the use of cars?
– Should the government encourage people to use public transport?
– Why is that?
– What is the most common mode of transportation in your country?
– Do you prefer to live in a wet or dry area?
– How is the rainfall in your town?