Our friend N. took an IELTS speaking test in India and below are the questions that she remembered and shared:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given pie charts showing the figures for electricity consumption in different sectors in Australia between 2007 and 2010. We had to summarize and describe the information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays international tourism is the biggest industry worldwide. Unfortunately, sometimes it creates tension between people from different cultures, instead of better understanding. Why do you think it is happening and how can it be improved?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– Where do you study it?
– Why did you choose this subject in your studies?
– How good are you in preparation for exams?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about an instance when a child made you laugh. Please say
– When was it?
– Who was the child?
– Why did he/she make you laugh?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is it easy to teach children?
– Do you think they are quick learners?
– Why is that?
– Do you think the society should take care of children or parents?