IELTS test takers A and C from India shared this recent exam update:
Section 1. Hot air balloon package inquiry.
Section 2. A student was talking to the professor about tips on writing an abstract.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. Volunteering for an IT course.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. Giant frogs’ lifestyle and habitat.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say
– What is a problem with your photographs?
– Which photo would you like from him/her?
– Why do you need this photo?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some parents believe that watching TV and playing computer games should be limited and substituted by reading books. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy your work? Why?
– Why did you choose a career in IT?
– Will you continue with this in the future?
– What was your favorite activity when you were a child?
– What do you think children prefer: outdoor or indoor activities? Why?
– How have kids’ activities change since you were a child?
– What is politeness in your opinion?
– When you were child who taught you to be polite?
– Why is it important to be polite to people?
– Do you think people became more or less polite in your country compared to when you were a child?
Cue Card 1
Describe a successful family business which you have seen before. Please say
– What and where was the business?
– Who were the customers?
– Why were you interested in it?
– Do you think people should start a small or a big business?
– Have small businesses failed in your country? Why?
– What are the disadvantages of exporting?
– Should governments be involved in it? Why?
Cue Card 2
Talk about your favourite meal. Please say
– What is it exactly?
– Where do you like to have that meal?
– Whom do you usually have it with?