Our friend A took the IELTS test in India and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the process of electricity production from coal. We had to summarize and describe it.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Due the advancement in computer technology the trend of working from home will bring a dramatic change to people’s lives. Is it a positive or negative development?
Give your opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– How do you travel to work?
– How did you travel earlier? Why?
– How did you go to school in your childhood?
Describe something you have bought recently, but did not use yet. Please say
– What is it?
– Where and when did you buy it?
– Why didn’t you use it?
– Do people buy things lavishly these days?
– Why do you think it is so?
– Does this affect a person’s budget?
– Is TV advertising more effective than ads in magazines?
– Why is it so?