Our friend T remembered the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in India:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were asked write a report on a given table showing the expenses on water consumption in five major cities in Australia in 2004.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Academic institutions should only deal with academic studies and passing examinations. Skills such as cookery, woodwork, tailoring are better to be taught at home by family members and friends. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your own experience.
– Describe your hometown.
– Is it a good place to live?
– How often do you see advertisements?
– Do you enjoy watching advertisements?
– Is it good or bad to put advertisements on the Internet?
– Have you ever purchased anything under the influence of advertisements?
– Do read newspapers and magazines?
– What was the first newspaper you ever bought?
– Will printed newspapers still exist in 50 years?
Describe a mistake that you have made in the past. Please say
– What was the mistake?
– How bad was it?
– How did you correct it?
– What mistakes do children make often?
– Should children’s mistakes be taken seriously?
– Can mistakes be avoided with the help of technology?
– Can mistakes negatively affect creativity?
– What’s your opinion about mistakes made by creative people such as scientists?