Our friend S took the IELTS test in India and remembered the following questions from Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two charts providing data about full and part-time employment among men and women in the UK between 1980 and 2005. We had to summarise and describe the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays the number of cars on roads is increasing incrementally. In order to change this trend strict road tolls should be paid on busy roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Why did you chose this profession?
– What do you usually do in your free time?
– Let’s talk about reading.
– Do you like to read? Why?
– What kind of books do you prefer?
– Can you name a few that you like?
Talk about a piece of equipment that you use at home. Please say
– What is it?
– How do you use it?
– How important is it to you and your family members?
– Let’s talk about technology.
– How is technology helping you?
– Give some examples, please.
– What are the negative impacts of modern technology on us?
– To what extent did it influence you?
– To what extent did it influence your family members?
– Would you like to have a robot in your home in the future?
– Will robots replace people in the future?