The topics and questions below were shared by our kind friend A who took his IELTS exam in Pune, Inida. He didn’t remember any of the Listening or Reading topics, but did a great job on the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the principle of your college to inform him that you have joined an evening course, which is different from the one described in their brochure. Please say
– What course have you joined?
– Describe how the course is different from the one described in the brochure.
– What action do you expect the principal to take?
– What are your suggestions regarding this matter?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Children are influenced by their friends’ opinions. In what way are children affected by their friends? How can parents make sure this influence is positive? Please provide supporting examples.
– What is your full name?
– Do you prefer to read newspapers or to watch news on TV?
– Do you use internet to read the news?
– Where do you prefer to see movies, on a TV screen or in the cinema? Why?
– What kind of movies do you like? Why?
Describe an advertisement you have seen recently, please say:
– What was it about?
– What was included in it?
– In your opinion who should watch the advertisement?
– Are advertisements important to you?
– In what way?
– Why do they use celebrities in advertisements?
– Do you think children should be in advertisements?
– What are the media getting by showing advertisements?
– In what places can advertisements be allowed?