Three IELTS test takers (thank you, A, G and R!) remembered the topics and questions from their recent exams in India and Saudi Arabia. The exams seem to be the same:
Section 1. Filling out a moving company form including the details of furniture.
Section 2. About a college trip to a desert.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About the bus service in some town.
Passage 2. About rights of employees in different companies.
Passage 3. About global warming and the coming ice age.
Passage 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently stayed in a hotel and encountered a problem. A hotel receptionist helped you resolve the situation. Write a letter to the hotel manager and say
– What was the problem?
– How did the receptionist help you?
– Suggest how this problem can be solved permanently.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for a job?
– Do you like your job? Why?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like it? Why?
Cue Card 1
Talk about your friend whom you consider to be a good leader. Please say
– Why do you think so?
– What do other people say about him/her?
– What skills are required to be a good leader?
– Who do you think is the leader in your family?
– Do you think you can be a good leader?
– Do you think it is good to be the leader of the family?
– Normally in England women have a major role in their family. Do women in your country or family have the same role?
– Do you think managers should involve employees in the decision-making process?
– Do you think managers should get higher salaries than normal employees?
Cue Card 2
Talk about a sport event that you watched live. Please say
– What sport was it?
– When did you watch it?
– Why did you remember it?
– Is it the natural ability or training and experience that brings out the best in a sportsman?
– Should athletes help people in need?
– How different is playing sports as a hobby and being a professional sportsman?