Our friend S took the IELTS test in Hong Kong and remembered the following topics and questions:
Section 1. About tutoring for a child.
Section 2. About home insurance.
Section 3. A discussion about a tour.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your company now allows employees to work from home. Write a letter to your boss to ask to work from home. Include the following in your letter:
– why you want to work from home,
– what part of your work can be done from home and
– how it will be beneficial for the company.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some parents say that giving expensive gifts to a child can create bad habits in him/her. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and include any relevant examples from your experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– What do you do?
– What do you like about your job?
– What are your duties at work?
– Are you a good planner?
– Tell me about one situation where your planning didn’t work.
Part 2 (Cue card)
Describe a person you know who is doing charity work. Please say
– what his/her name is,
– what he/she does,
– why he/she is doing it and
– how you feel about the work this person is doing
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you have any experience doing charity work?
– How can children help with charity work?
– Do you think parents or teachers should encourage children to do charity work?
– Should the government provide financial support to charity organisations?