The topics you are about to read belong to a recent IELTS exam in Hong Kong, shared by our caring friend D. He couldn’t say anything about the listening or reading, but remembered the writing and speaking well.
Writing task 1 (a report)
There were two pie charts showing 2 different groups of students and the reasons for voting for student representatives. Groups were divided by age: 18-22 years old and 23-25 years old.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Most people watch foreign films first, before locally produced films. Why is that so? If the government in your country decides to invest in the film industry, will you support them to do so and why? Include your own experience in the essay.
Describe an expensive thing that you have bought. Please say
– What was it?
– How expensive was it?
– Was it for yourself or somebody else?
– How much time do people spend on shopping?
– Do you shop often? Why?
– What sort of things do people buy, take teenagers for example?
– Why do people tend to spend money on such items?
– Do you think electronic equipment will be cheaper in 10 years? Why?