Our kind friend S sent the following update after a recent exam in Germany. S didn’t remember the Listening or Reading topics, but had a good recollection of Writing and Speaking. Enjoy!
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A reporter complained about a new TV program that you like. Write a letter to the newspaper editor.
– Describe your point of view.
– Say what you like about the show and why.
– Ask the newspaper to take some action.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Today more and more young children have mobile phones. Critics say that this is a negative development. Do you agree or disagree? What is your own opinion?
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– How would you describe your job?
– What are you doing there?
– Why do you take the IELTS test?
– What colors do you like?
– What is your favorite color? Why?
– What color would you never use to paint your room? Why?
– Do you and your friends like the same colors?
– Can you remember your elementary school?
– Did you like it?
– Why did you like it?
– Do you still have friends from that time?
– What was your favorite subject?
Describe an old person that you recently met. Please say
– What was special about him/her?
– Do you like him/her? Why?
– When is someone called old in the society?
– Do you think there is a lack of respect in today’s society towards older people?
– Do you think it’s a good or bad thing to grow old?
– What do you think is the role of older people in the future?