Our friends A and N shared the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in Georgia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend from a different country. Invite him/her to a party at your home and include the following
– What is the party about?
– Give directions how to get to your place.
– Suggest how to accommodate him/her.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say language courses using the internet and allowing you to talk to somebody is a good way to learn. Others, however, believe that study in classrooms is still the best way of learning. Give your opinion on these views and include your own experiences and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your hometown?
– What don’t you like about your hometown?
– Would you like to live in a different town?
– What languages do you know?
– Would you like to learn some other languages?
– What kind of TV programs do you watch?
– How much time do you spend watching TV?
– Did you spend the same amount of time watching TV as a child?
– Would you allow your children to watch a lot of TV? Why?
Describe a situation when you forgot something important. Please say
– Where was it?
– What did you forget?
– Why did you forget it?
– How did you feel about it?
– Do you think memorising things is important? Why?
– Why do some people remember things better than others?
– Do you think we memorise things differently now compared to the past?
– Do you have a system how to remember things?