Our friend M took the IELTS test in Egypt and remembered the following topics and questions:
Section 1. A conversation with a newspaper representative.
Section 2. An interview with energy saving specialist.
Section 3. A conversation between a university professor and students about visiting a place and collecting information.
Section 4. A lecture about business expansion strategies.
Passage 1. About centenarians (people who are 100 years old or more).
Passage 2. About endangered species of birds that are about to become extinct.
Passage 3. About Asians moving across the ocean.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two diagrams of school plans, in 1980 and 2010. We had to describe the main features and to make comparisons where relevant.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Newspapers affect people’s ideas and opinions. Do you agree or disagree? If you agree, is it a positive or a negative development?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is the most interesting thing about your work? Why?
– Do you like movies?
– What is your favourite type of films? Why?
– Where do you usually watch them?
– Do you spend much time alone at home?
– What do you usually do?
– Do you wish to spend more time alone?
Talk about an indoor game that you used to play as a child. Please say
– What game is it?
– Why did you like it?
– With whom did you play?
– Do you think indoor games are important for children? Why?
– Do children these days still play indoor games? Why?
– Did computer games replace indoor games?
– Are computer games good for children, in your opinion?