Our friends P and V took their IELTS exams in Dubai (UAE) and India, and remembered the following writing and speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently saw an advertisement about business conference that can be helpful for your work. Write a letter to your manager asking permission to attend the conference. In your letter say
– What is the conference about?
– How did you know about the conference?
– Explain to him/her why it is important that you attend this conference.
– Inform him/her about the schedule and venue of the conference.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Airline companies in many countries have reduced the cost of tickets. Discuss whether this is a positive or negative development. Give some examples based on your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What part of your job do you like the most?
– Why is that?
– What is more important for you, the people you work with or the job itself?
– Why is that?
– What stages of any person’s life are celebrated in your society, for example marriage or graduation? Why?
– Do you think it is necessary to celebrate the above events?
– How is it useful in that person’s life?
– Do you like to read?
– What type of books do you read?
– Do you like movies?
– Where and when do you usually watch them?
– Would you like to participate in movie production?
Cue Card 1
Talk about the best stage in your life from childhood till now. Please say
– When was it?
– Why do you think it was the best?
– How did you feel about it then?
– What is your opinion about the current status of older people in our society?
– People are living longer nowadays, what challenges does it bring?
– How can retired people help the society?
Cue Card 2
Talk about a film that you have watched recently. Please say:
– What movie was it?
– What was the movie about?
– What lesson did you learn from it?
– What is the most popular movie in your country?
– How did the movie affect your life?