Thanks to the IELTS test taker A from Qatar we can share this information about a recent exam:
Section 1. A conversation between a travel agent and a woman.
Section 2. A review of 5 local restaurants in a certain area, their positives and negatives, location and a price guide.
Section 3. A conversation between a teacher and a student about building design including the building layout with a balcony, outer shower, water tank and so on.
Section 4. A study about laughter that explained who laughs more, males or females, reasons for laughing and its benefits.
Passage 1. About a few tourist destinations and what makes them special.
Passage 2. About a project manager position, what skills it requires and suggestions for better project management.
Passage 3. About the invention of kites and its role in airplane invention.
Passage 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your former teacher and ask him/her to write a letter of reference for your job interview. In your letter include the following:
– Why do you think he/she is the right person to write the letter of reference?
– What job did you apply for?
– Why do you think this job is suitable for you?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that science study should be mandatory in schools, others argue that it is unnecessary. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you exercise regularly?
– How often do you do it?
– What are the pros and cons of it?
– What is the major benefit of it?
Talk about relaxation and its importance in our life. Please say
– Why do you think it is important?
– Where do you usually go for relaxation?
– Why do you go there?
– Where do people go for relaxation in your country?
– What is better for relaxation, to stay indoor or outdoor? Why?
– Who is responsible for senior citizens’ relaxation?