The following recent IELTS exam questions were shared by C who took the test in China:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two charts showing social media users divided by males and females respectively in 2011 and 2014. There were four pie charts in total, and we had to summarise and explain them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Scientists have been warning for many years already that in order to protect the environment people should use less energy. However, most people do not change their ways of living. What is causing this behaviour? How can people be encouraged to change?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is you major?
– Where do you study?
– Why did you choose that school?
– How was your first day at school?
– Is food from other countries popular in your home country?
– Did you try it when you were a child?
– Have you recently tried any food from another culture?
Describe any building that you have visited recently. Please say
– What and where is it?
– What does it look like?
– What is it famous for?
– What types of buildings are popular in your country?
– Are these types based on historical buildings?
– Give an example of a historical building on which new buildings are based.
– What things are characteristic for an office building?
– What factors are required for an office building?
– Should historical buildings be free of cost to visit? Why?
– Who is responsible for preserving traditional buildings?