Our friend B took IELTS in Canada, and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from the test:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
The office where you work does not have a proper car park. Write a letter to your manager and say
– Explain the problem of no parking space available.
– Suggest a solution for the car park problem.
– Explain how this will help your company.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the Olympics Games do not have a role in the 21st Century. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Did you ever save money to buy something as a child?
– Were you given money as a gift in your childhood?
– How can parents teach children to handle money well?
– Is it important to teach children to spend money wisely?
Talk about an old building in your home town that you like to visit. Please say
– What and where is it?
– Why do you like to go there?
– Describe what it looks like.
– Is it important to care for old buildings?
– Who should care for old buildings, governments or people?
– How can buildings reflect on the life of the nation?
– Should governments regulate the building process or allow people to build whatever they want?