A test taker from Canada (thanks, R!) shared the topics and questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. A survey about a resort.
Section 2. Two students were allocating responsibilities for a research on an old city.
Section 3. Based on the research a map has been prepared and we had to identify places on it.
Section 4. About some weed species that take over the native plants, and measures to control and eliminate them.
Passage 1. Instructions for an online job application.
Passage 2. Electricians in Ontario, a detailed text on how to get trained, get a job and who controls it.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. Dreamwear – a text about various types of special clothes and fabrics and their usage.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have moved recently into an apartment and found a few things that weren’t working. Write a letter to the landlord and say:
– what wasn’t working
– why this is a problem for you
– what you want them to do about it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
For some people high salary is an important criterion when choosing a new job. Others are satisfied if the job contributes to the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Is it a good place for families and children?
– What day of the week is your favourite? Why?
– What is the busiest day of the week for you? Why?
– What can you do to make your day better?
– Do you want to change the way things are happening now?
– Lets talk about food.
– What is your favourite food? Why?
– What is your favourite meal?
– Do you cook it yourself or not? Why?
Talk about an indoor game that you played in your childhood. Please say
– What game was it?
– Did you like it?
– Will you teach your children to play this game?
– Do you think competitive games have an impact on students in schools?
– What can students learn from these games?
– What is better in your view, indoor or outdoor games? Why?