Our friend L who took the IELTS exam in Canada remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking tests:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two charts. One compared the performance of students who had TV in their rooms and those who didn’t, in maths, writing and spelling. The second chart compared performance of students who had computers against those who didn’t, in maths, spelling and writing.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
More and more people these days work harder and longer hours and have no time for family life and friends. What are the causes in your opinion? How is it affecting family life and the society as a whole? Use relevant examples to support your view.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What kind of work do you do?
– Would you continue doing this job in the future?
– Do you like to walk? And how often?
– Would you prefer walking in the city or in the countryside?
Talk about the type of clothes that you wear for special occasions. Please say
– Do people like it?
– Where did you get your clothes?
– How do you feel while wearing them?
– Do you like taking photographs?
– Do you think people dress more formally these days than before?
– In what circumstances do people wear formal clothes?
– Do you think globalization affects the clothing industry? How?
– Does people’s taste affect the clothing industry?