The information below was shared by Z (thanks!) who recently took the IELTS test in Canada. Z didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading sections, but had a good recollection of the questions in the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have borrowed something from your friend for a party, but it was damaged during the party. Write a letter to your friend and say
– What was it?
– How was it damaged?
– What will you do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people these days travel far for work or spend more hours working. Does this trend have more advantages or disadvantages? What do you think about work-life balance?
– Do you work or study?
– When did you decide you wanted to work in your profession?
– What do you want to do in the future?
– Did you spend more time with your relatives than your friends as a child?
– How often do you see your relatives now?
– Do you think you’ll see them more or less, in the future?
– Who is the most important relative to you?
– Do you like flowers?
Talk about your childhood friend whom you haven’t seen for a long time and want to meet again. Please say
– Who is that person?
– Where did you meet last time?
– What was he/she doing that time?
– Why do you want to see him/her again?