This IELTS exam update was shared by D, who took the test in Canada (thank you D!).
Section 1. Fill out a form for a strawberry picker position.
Section 2. Don’t remember the topic, but the task was to fill in the gaps.
Section 3. About extinct languages.
Section 4. About the textile industry.
Passage 1. Seeds in agriculture.
Passage 2. Behavior experiment on children.
Passage 3. About modern tourism.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two separate single bar graphs and a pie chart representing the number of students in Europe, the level of support from the government during the period from 1986 to 2009, and the average family income in 2009.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays big cities in many countries become overcrowded. Why? Give some reasons and solutions for this problem.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like this house? Why?
– What kind of house would you like to have in the future?
Describe a party which you have organized. Please say:
– Whom did you invite?
– Where did the party take place?
– How did you organize it?
– How did you feel about it?
– What kind of special celebrations do you have in your country?
– Do you think youngsters nowadays participate in these traditional celebrations less than in the past?
– What are the advantages of having such celebrations?
– How do they organize a traditional festival in your country?