Our friend M took the IELTS test in Canada and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions, below:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently used a taxi and left some important documents there. Write a letter to the taxi manager and say:
– Describe what you left and where it happened.
– Why are these papers important?
– What would you like the manager to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that one should plan detailed activities for their leisure time, others disagree with that. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What was your favourite subject?
– Will you continue studies in the future?
– Do you like teenagers?
– Do you spend time with them?
– What did you like as a teenager?
– Do you like rain?
– How does the rain affect your mood?
Talk about an interesting place in your country, less known to tourists. Please say
– Describe the place.
– Why is it interesting?
– Why not many people know about it?
– Do you think tourism causes environmental damage?
– Should tourists be restricted from certain places to preserve their natural beauty, in your opinion?
– What can governments do to prevent damage to these special places?
– Do you think virtual tourism will be popular in the future?
– What do you think about space exploration?