M took IELTS in Canada and remembered the following topics and questions (thank you M for sharing!):
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend inviting him/her to a music concert. Please say
– Where and when does the concert start?
– What type of music will be played there?
– Why do you think your friend will enjoy it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In many countries around the world young people decide to leave their parents’ home once they finish school. They start living on their own or sharing a home with friends. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What do you like about living there?
– Would you like to move to a different home in the future?
– Are there many shops near your home?
– Who usually does the shopping in your household?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe something you have bought that was difficult to use at first. Please say
– What was it?
– When did you buy it?
– What does it do?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why was it difficult to use?
– What type of products are difficult to use at first?
– Do you think it is necessary to follow fashion and use the latest products?
– What are some jobs that help people?
– Why do you think advertisements are useful in selling products?