An IELTS test taker from Canada (thanks, M!) remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are getting married soon. Write a letter to your friend from a different country and invite him/her to the wedding. In your letter
– Describe your future wife/husband.
– What will happen at the wedding?
– Why do you want to invite him/her?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be promoted to higher positions. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– When did you start studying?
– How is it helpful to you?
– Do you watch sports?
– Do you think people prefer to watch sports live or on TV?
– Do you like mathematics? Why?
– When did you start learning math?
– Have you had a calculator when you were a child?
Describe a place where you go to read and write, that is not your home. Please say
– What place is it?
– When do you usually visit it?
– How much time do you spend there?
– Do you think people like to read in public places or in libraries?
– Will people that started studying as adults face more problems with learning compared to children?