When H took IELTS in Canada, the following questions appeared in the Writing and Speaking tests:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
One of your colleagues recently got a new job at another company. Write a letter to him/her and say
– how you feel about him/her
– what you enjoyed the most while working together, and
– ask what his/her future plans are.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that for a hobby to be enjoyable it should be hard to acquire or learn. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you prefer to go to a park or a garden?
– When do you usually go there?
– Do you like nature parks or ones equipped with recreation facilities?
– Do you drink a lot of water?
– Do you drink tap or bottled water?
Describe a game that you used to play as a child. Please say
– What was the game?
– How often did you play it?
– Who did you play it with?
– Do you like it when there is competition in the market?
– Do customers get benefits because of the competition?
– How do companies adopt unethical practices?
– What benefits do competitors get?