Our friend M took the IELTS test in Canada and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a pie chart and a table sowing the number of visitors to the specific resort in Australia. The information included their nationalities, length of stay, type of accommodation booked and leisure activities.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe those who break the law should go to prison, while others think that different kinds of punishment such as forcing them to do unpaid work are more beneficial to our community. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe a city you are from.
– How long did you live there?
– How do you get to work or school these days?
– What do you do on your way?
– What kind of transportation do you use?
Talk about a car journey that you remember well. Please say
– When and where was it?
– Who was there with you?
– How long did it take?
– Did you like it? Why?
– What is the best age for learning to drive?
– Should high schools provide such training?
– What are some jobs that require good driving skills?
– What is the future of transportation, in your opinion?
– What impact will it have on these jobs?