Two IELTS test takers from Bulgaria and Iran (thanks Z and E!) remembered the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam, which was apparently the same in these two countries:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two plans with students’ common room layout, one of today and another from 5 years ago. We had to compare and describe both plans.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that young generation should follow traditions of their society; others, however, believe that young people should be free to make their own choice as individuals. Discuss both views and your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about your home.
– Would you like to live in a different home in the future? Why?
– Let’s talk about newspapers.
– Is it important for people to be informed?
– What news do they really need?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– When did you start to study mathematics?
– Is it still important for you? Why?
Describe a successful small business that you know about. Please say
– What business is it?
– Who is running it?
– Why do you think it is successful?
– Is it easy today to run your own business?
– Why or why not?
– What are the important fundamentals of a successful business in your opinion?
– What should a person concentrate on when starting a new business?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of a small business?
– What do you think about family business?
– Do you think the Internet is important for business? Why?
– Will it be important in the future?