The IELTS exam below was shared by A from Brazil, who remembered the Writing and Speaking tests.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
A friend of yours is applying for a job as a sports instructor for teenagers in an summer school in Australia. He is asking you to write a recommendation letter to the principal of the school. In your letter you should say
– How long have you known him/her for?
– What are his/her qualifications?
– Why is he/she suitable for this position?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many old cities around the world are going through major processes of modernization. What are the advantages and disadvantages of modernization?
– What is your full name, please?
– Describe the apartment you live in.
– Do you think money is important for happiness?
– What do you think is the secret of happiness?
Describe a feature of your personal character that you find important. Please say
– Why do you like it?
– Why is it important to you?
– What difference does it make in your life?
– Describe one feature of people in your country that you find interesting.
– What differences should people take into consideration while choosing a partner or a friend?
– What do you think makes people choose hand-made items?
– Do you think it is important for children to learn how to create hand-made objects?
– What hand-made object would you like to make?