The IELTS exams in the USA and Brazil were the same, according to M and N (thank you!). Here are the questions and topics they collectively remembered:
Section 1. A conversation between a man and a woman in regard to booking tickets for a concert.
Section 2. About transportation service in a certain area, including its positive and negative points.
Section 3,4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. Description of ancient navigation techniques, a story on how the Pacific Islands were populated and different researches made in the 20th century.
Questions: True / False / Not Given, filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Passage 2. How noisy environment is affecting our lifestyle (8 paragraphs).
Questions: True / False / Not Given.
Passage 3. The effect of electronic gadgets on our lifestyle, including studies by several researchers.
Questions: True / False / Not Given, filling in blanks.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a chart describing Aeolic energy production in 4 countries: Denmark, Germany, US and India from 1985 to 2000 in 5-year intervals.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Multi-cultural societies have more advantages than drawbacks. Do you agree or disagree? Support your opinion with examples.
Speaking test 1
– Do you work or study?
– What is your job?
– Please tell me about a place you have visited lately.
Describe a restaurant you used to have lunch in. Please say
– What does it look like?
– What kind of food do they serve?
– Whom did you go there with?
– Did he/she enjoy this place?
Speaking test 2
– What is your name?
– What should I call you?
– Tell me about your home town.
– Did you study in school about your home town?
– Talk about your bad behavior, when you were a child.
– Do you like to receive books as a gift? Why?
– Do you hope to be a writer someday? Why?
Describe an important meeting that you were late to. Please say
– When did this happen?
– Why were you late?
– What was the importance of this meeting?
– Is it usual in your country to arrive on time? Why?
– Give me the usual reason for being late for people in your country.
– Are you always late? Why?
– Is it the same in government organizations?