A big thank-you to our friend N.S. who took the IELTS test in Bangladesh recently and shared the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You would like to take a part time course at the university, but don’t have the money to do it. Write a letter to an organization that supports students financially and ask for help. In your letter
– Describe your qualification and degree.
– Provide some details of the course.
– Explain how this course will help you in the future.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many people have an unhealthy diet and do not exercise regularly. What are the reasons behind this trend? How can we encourage these people to live a healthy lifestyle?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Can you describe your house?
– What do you like about your house?
– What type of accommodation would you prefer to live in, in the future?
– Why is that?
– What festivals do you like the most? Why?
– Do you think festivals are important?
– Do you think you have enough holidays in your country?
– What do you do during holidays?
– What do you do to relax?
– Some people are doing workouts to lower their stress. Why do you think it helps them?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a piece of equipment you use at home. Please say
– What is it?
– When and where did you buy it?
– How often do you or your family members use it?
– And explain why you think it is useful.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What other useful equipment do you have and use at home?
– Do you think younger generation is more comfortable with modern equipment than older people? Why?
– Nowadays many factories use automatic machines and equipment instead of manual labor.
– Why do you think it is?
– Do you believe that robots will replace people in the near future?
– Where will people be replaced by robots completely, in your opinion?