Below are the topics and questions we received from Y (thank you!) after a recent IELTS exam in Australia. She didn’t remember the Reading or the Listening, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking sub tests:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph and a bar chart showing the percentage of population per square kilometer in 7 countries in 2003. We had to compare and describe the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The government is funding universities and providing scholarships for the best students. To what extent do you agree with this approach? Shouldn’t it be supported by private organizations and students paying their own tuition fees?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Why did you choose such a subject?
– Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
– Are you reading a book presently?
– What is it about?
Talk about an interesting conversation that you had recently. Please say
– What did you discuss?
– With whom were you discussing it?
– Why was it so interesting?
– What do you think about advertisements on TV?
– Do you like them? Why?
– Do like to watch them on TV or through the Internet? Why?
– Do you think they are helpful?
– Do you think advertisements on TV can help spread the awareness of healthy lifestyle?