Our kind friend E took the IELTS test in Australia and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You came to know that your company is looking for a translator for meetings, and you know a person who is good at translation. Write to your manager and say
– Describe this person.
– Explain why he/she is suitable for this role.
– Give his/her contact details to your manager.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In some countries children start school at the age of four and in other countries at the age of seven. Some people believe that early school start is affecting parent-child relationships. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of starting school early and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like living there? Why?
Talk about an instance when you had to get up very early in the morning. Please say
– Where and when did it happen?
– Why did you get up so early?
– How did you feel after that?
– How often do you get up that early in the morning?
– Do you like to wake up late in weekends?