IELTS test takers D and S from Australia shared the topics they remembered from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph comparing percentages of tourists using different types of transport to travel within a particular country from 1999 to 2009 (tourists can use more than 1 type of transport).
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries, the quality of life in the large cities is worsening. What possibly can cause this problem? What measures can be taken to resolve it?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live at the moment?
– Is it a house or an apartment?
– What is your favorite room? Why?
– Do you plan to move to another place? Why?
– Do you communicate via letters or emails?
– Do you receive letters often?
– How many do you get?
– What kind of letters are these?
– Do you prefer to send letters or emails? Why?
Talk about a place where people go to listen to music. Please say:
– Where is this place?
– What kind of people go there?
– What music is played there?
– What new technologies are used in the music industry?
– Do you think we need to pay to download music? Why?
– Do you think new technologies influence music these days? How?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of these technologies?