The topics and questions below were shared by B who took an IELTS exam in Australia recently. He didn’t remember anything about the Listening or Reading, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking questions.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two pie charts comparing the percentages of household energy usage and greenhouse gas produced in Australia.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Every year rare languages disappear from the world. Some people say this is not important, because it is better to have fewer languages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
– What is your name?
– What would you like me to call you?
– What type of job are you doing?
– Do you like this job?
– If you were given a chance, would you change the job?
Talk about a good quality of your character. Please say
– What quality is this?
– How do you manage to keep this good quality?
– Do your family members appreciate this quality of your character?
– What qualities of character are needed for someone to become your friend?
– Do you think you can make friends only with people of similar character?