M took the IELTS test in Australia and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A builder did some repairs in your house recently and you are unhappy with their quality. Write a letter to the builder’s manager and explain:
– What did they do?
– Why do you think the quality is unacceptable?
– Suggest a solution for the situation.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some children have friends that can influence them. What do you think parents should do about it? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What did you like about the house you grew up in?
– What do you like about your current house?
– Do you like big houses? Why?
– Let’s talk about mathematics.
– Do you like it?
– At what age did you start learning maths?
– Is it important for people to know maths well?
– Do you use an electronic calculator a lot?
– Do you like live music? Why?
– Tell me about the last concert you attended.
Talk about a person who likes to wear fashionable clothes. Please say
– Who is this person?
– What does he/she do?
– What does he/she usually wear?
– Is fashion important for everyday life?
– What do you think about fashion for children and older people?
– Do you prefer online shops or local shopping centres?